Friday, February 11, 2011

BeaT StreeT

Beat Street = AMAZING! This movie makes me wish I could build a time machine just so I could travel back in time to the 80s. Yes, I want to go back to the 80s. Life just seems so cool and even though they're living poor in the Bronx it still seems like a life I would like. There's graffiti art everywhere, crazy loud colors and styles for clothing,hip-hop is beginning to form and I cannot forget about the Michael Jackson wannabes.

The parties just seem so care-free and everyone is having a great time. The music is perfect and there are still DJs who MC and keep the party going. I would love to party in vacant apartments. The dancing is appropriate; the type of dancing you can do in front of your parents and not get in trouble. Break dancing is too cool. The talent those dancers had was just outstanding. The hip-hop culture back then was super artistic and many people had raw talent (even though many never made it big). The graffiti was absolutely beautiful. I would enjoy learning the different styles of graffiti and making "burners." I could only imagine the rush I would get from sneaking around the subways at night to paint clean "canvases". Also having real DJs and beat boxers made the movie even better.
I just love music from this time period and I'm really passionate about hip-hop. I am not just talking about the genre of music, but hip- hop as a culture. It is something I truly love and Beat Street just adds another reason to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment